One of the most difficult decisions people who are looking ahead to a move need to make is whether to use professional moving services or take care of things on their own. Money is usually a determining factor that helps them make the final call. But the decision also depends on other elements, such as the time they can invest in the packing and transportation, personal or work-related issues that might interfere, and the list goes on. If you live in the New Jersey area, one quick and effective alternative to the hassle triggered by a move across town or out of state is to hire expert New Jersey movers. Uber Movers is your number one local and interstate moving company for household and commercial needs. Feel free to get in touch with us and ask for a free estimate online or over the phone and let us start planning your move for you.
Professional Movers Versus DIY Moving: Pros&Cons
Most people mistakingly assume that taking care of the moving process on their own will cost them less money. Practice shows this is not always the case. You still need to buy or find packing boxes and materials, spend gas money and precious time and energy, and risk doing a lousy job at the packing and transportation. This can lead to damages to your valuable items, and thus additional expenses to worry about.
Experts claim you actually save precious money and time when you decide to get in touch with professional movers and let them take care of business. After all, this is their job and the thing they have been trained to do. But saving money is not the only reason why you should seriously consider hiring pros for your upcoming move. Let’s see how else can professional, full service movers contribute to your well-being during the move.
- Moving into a new home or relocating you business to a different city or state is a daunting process that can trigger a great deal of stress and anxiety. If you already suffer from various underlying health conditions, you may risk worsening things by adding the extra burden of a DIY move on your shoulders.
- A professional mover can help you enjoy the fun and exciting process of settling into a new home, while eliminating the stress caused by the hassles of moving. Let’s face it, no matter how many times you might have changed addresses so far, all new moves are challenging on their own.
- If you plan a local move in the New Jersey area, or you need to move out of state, you have two options: do it yourself, or get ready to spend some money upfront and hire the pros. The advantages of hiring a specialized moving company like Uber Movers outweigh the costs. Of course, there are certain situations where it is more practical to put some real greasy elbow and do it yourself.
- DIY moves require you to do everything yourself, including buying all the supplies needed for the packing, figuring out where to find a moving van, doing all the packing (and unpacking), contacting available people willing to help you with the loading. So in case money is tight and you cannot afford to hire someone to do everything for you, you have answered your own question. You can start planning your DIY project.
- In case the number, size, and weight of the items you need to move is limited, it is also a good idea to do it yourself. If you count more than 20 boxes that need to be moved, including furniture and appliances, you should weigh your options. Compare a few moving rates, read online reviews and try to determine the cost of your move. Contact a mover who can provide you with free estimates online or over the phone to get a clearer view on things.
- Keep in mind there are lots of things that need to be taken into consideration when planning and executing a move, and professional movers can make a huge difference.
- Full service movers provide the option of professional packing services. This means that, throughout a single day, the moving crew will get everything done and save you a lot of precious time. Do not make the mistake of underestimating the time needed to pack. Pros use fewer boxes and their packing skills are more efficient thanks to their expertise. They can also use padding for enhanced protection during transportation.
- You can take advantage of the extra time you’ve gained and take care of other burning matters.
- Expert movers have valuation insurance that covers the cost of damage to your belongings up to a certain level, with the possibility of setting up extra coverage if necessary. In case any of your items gets broken or damaged, they will be fixed or replaced. DIY moves on the other hand mean you are on your own.
- In case you will reach your destination late or the former residents are still there, you will not be able to unload and unpack your items as planned. A professional mover can provide you with access to a safe, climate-controlled storage facility, usually free of charge. A DIY move means that you will be, again, on your own.
- Moving requires skill, equipment and special loading, unloading, and packing techniques. Professional movers are accustomed to all of these procedures, and they can effectively navigate narrow and awkward spaces, and they rely on straps, ramps, and dollies to complete their work fast and safe. Your own van or a borrowed truck is not properly equipped to carry your items in a safe manner.
Thus, hiring professional moving companies like Uber Movers is not only a matter of saving money and time, but also a personal health matter. Call us at 1.866.386.UBER(8237) and let us simplify your move today!